As local government and residents lock horns with the state Government over its plans to sell the state’s South East forestry rights, the plan itself under goes a scrutiny by a federal committee in Mount Gambier. Various local businesses have expressed their concerns, but so far the Government appears to be unaffected and declined invitations to attend the inquiry meetings, thus further angering the local residents and business communities in MountGambier. Tom Changarathil spoke to Wattle Range Council Mayor, Peter Gandolfi, and asked him how many local people were directly affected by the Government’s plans, and what impact the plan will have on the area.
- Next, amazing local Blues artist, Cal Williams Jr., joins @c_komz for a chat about his album & upcoming gigs + a live tune or two. #music 2 days ago
- Some amazing events to lure you out of city this w/end. @KateDrinkwater shares ideas with @c_komz (+ some for the city folk) #Adelaide 2 days ago
- This week @TonyAbbottMHR proposed cutting the #renewableenergy target. A @unimelb Research Fellow discusses the potential impacts w/ @c_komz 2 days ago
- Fundamental bias makes us think that what we do for love, you do for hate. Coming up, @JeremyGinges explains conflict motives to @c_komz 2 days ago
- Workers in hospitals across #Adelaide will continue to strike over the next few days. @c_komz hears their concerns w/ Health Services Union. 2 days ago