Is the decade-long War in Afghanistan nearly over? Barak Obama yesterday revealed the US will pull 10,000 troops out of Afghanistan by the end of this year and all 33,000 troops that were sent in as part of the surge in 2009, by September next year. The rest of the US troops are set to return home by 2014 when, Obama says, the Afghan people should be able to look after their own security. Andrew Phillips is a Fellow of the Department of International Relations and Tom Changarathil asked what he thought had prompted President Obama to make the decision.
- Next, @angusrandall on Sunday's gala with musician Louisa Giacomini and @adelyouthorchs Artistic Director/Conductor, Prof. Keith Crellin 19 hours ago
- The glow of the #Emmys is fading and now we can see who deserved their win and who was robbed. @angusrandall & @KateDrinkwater debrief. 20 hours ago
- .@TonyAbbottMHR has announced $64m to fight homegrown terrorism. Is it a real threat and where will the money go? @angusrandall finds out. 20 hours ago
- . @angusrandall is with our Feminist Insider, @ClaireTatyzo from @YWCAAdelaide to discuss why women in CSIRO have only grown 1% in 5 years. 20 hours ago
- The ALRM wants the State Government to reintroduce a Bill to help the Stolen Generation claim compensation. More with @angusrandall 21 hours ago