Is the decade-long War in Afghanistan nearly over? Barak Obama yesterday revealed the US will pull 10,000 troops out of Afghanistan by the end of this year and all 33,000 troops that were sent in as part of the surge in 2009, by September next year. The rest of the US troops are set to return home by 2014 when, Obama says, the Afghan people should be able to look after their own security. Andrew Phillips is a Fellow of the Department of International Relations and Tom Changarathil asked what he thought had prompted President Obama to make the decision.
- Up next we get into the mind of a surrealist artist who paints in hyper-realism, tune in! 41 minutes ago
- The @auscouncilarts is hoping to attract a broader, more diverse range of artists. @auscouncilCEO joins @angusrandall to tell us more next. 1 hour ago
- RT @YWCAAdelaide: Heading in for the #FeministInsider with @angusrandall on @breakfast1015 on why you shouldn't look at 'those' nude photos 1 hour ago
- Is someone sharing a nude photo of Jennifer Lawrence just as bad as the person who stole it? we speak with our feminist insider next 1 hour ago
- In it's attempt to cut red tape for business is the government putting the environment at risk? hear all about the new plan next. 1 hour ago