Is the decade-long War in Afghanistan nearly over? Barak Obama yesterday revealed the US will pull 10,000 troops out of Afghanistan by the end of this year and all 33,000 troops that were sent in as part of the surge in 2009, by September next year. The rest of the US troops are set to return home by 2014 when, Obama says, the Afghan people should be able to look after their own security. Andrew Phillips is a Fellow of the Department of International Relations and Tom Changarathil asked what he thought had prompted President Obama to make the decision.
- Soap! The Improvised Dramedy is coming! Cast members Paul Gordon and Josh Kapitza join us now. @angusrandall 11 hours ago
- Up next, new music with our music expert Luke Penman @Penmonicus @angusrandall 11 hours ago
- All the details of Compassion Camel Caravan: Kamahl Druesne joins us now. @angusrandall 11 hours ago
- Debating the ethics of euthanasia: Dr Philip Nitschke joins us now. 12 hours ago
- On now, Dr Michael Beard from @UniofAdelaide joins us in studio to discuss hepatitis and #WorldHepatitisDay @angusrandall 12 hours ago