Is the decade-long War in Afghanistan nearly over? Barak Obama yesterday revealed the US will pull 10,000 troops out of Afghanistan by the end of this year and all 33,000 troops that were sent in as part of the surge in 2009, by September next year. The rest of the US troops are set to return home by 2014 when, Obama says, the Afghan people should be able to look after their own security. Andrew Phillips is a Fellow of the Department of International Relations and Tom Changarathil asked what he thought had prompted President Obama to make the decision.
- @ 8.40 Tony Thornton from Volks Enthusiasts Club on Sundays #Volkfest in Elder Park Adelaide @angusrandall 19 hours ago
- @ 8.20 Dr Paul Willis from RiAus on sea urchins, malaria & vampires @angusrandall @angusrandall 19 hours ago
- @ 7.45 New matilda's Ben Eltham on #ABC cuts and the latest in federal politics @angusrandall 19 hours ago
- Now Kathryn Snow on lack of subsidy for new #Hepatitis C drug @angusrandall 19 hours ago
- @ 7.35 Kathryn Snow on decision by Australia’s Pharmaceutical Benefits Advisory Committee to not subsidise new drug for Hep C @angusrandall 20 hours ago