Is the decade-long War in Afghanistan nearly over? Barak Obama yesterday revealed the US will pull 10,000 troops out of Afghanistan by the end of this year and all 33,000 troops that were sent in as part of the surge in 2009, by September next year. The rest of the US troops are set to return home by 2014 when, Obama says, the Afghan people should be able to look after their own security. Andrew Phillips is a Fellow of the Department of International Relations and Tom Changarathil asked what he thought had prompted President Obama to make the decision.
- What would you do if you met the rockstar of your dreams? @angusrandall speaks with the author of It Could Be Forever now. 3 hours ago
- Coming up @JordanArcher11 from #behindthescreens talks New Zealand mockumentary @DeliciousNecks and local film @TheInfiniteMan 3 hours ago
- Up next, @angusrandall talks to expert about migrant experiences in South Australian hostels 3 hours ago
- Coming up @angusrandall talks to Tim Jeffery from @sportstalk15 about the latest sports news 4 hours ago
- The #ABC could be about to downsize its news and current affairs departments. @angusrandall speaks with @Brianmcnair about the issue soon. 5 hours ago