Is the decade-long War in Afghanistan nearly over? Barak Obama yesterday revealed the US will pull 10,000 troops out of Afghanistan by the end of this year and all 33,000 troops that were sent in as part of the surge in 2009, by September next year. The rest of the US troops are set to return home by 2014 when, Obama says, the Afghan people should be able to look after their own security. Andrew Phillips is a Fellow of the Department of International Relations and Tom Changarathil asked what he thought had prompted President Obama to make the decision.
- Next, @KateDrinkwater is w/ @smh journo, @MichaelWestBiz, talking @JoeHockey's back-flip on taxing multinationals. 1 day ago
- They're here! Year 12s across #Australia have their ATARs @KateDrinkwater & @jarvanitakis have some tips for handling disappointing results 1 day ago
- It's London calling. UK correspondent and @KateDrinkwater are talking about the decision to send British troops back into Iraq to fight ISIS 1 day ago
- Happy Friday all! @c_komz is crook today so producer @KateDrinkwater is filling in behind the mic. First up, your world #news. 1 day ago
- @ 7.45 find out all about The Boxing Day Cup Jamboree at Bonython Park @angusrandall 2 days ago