Is the decade-long War in Afghanistan nearly over? Barak Obama yesterday revealed the US will pull 10,000 troops out of Afghanistan by the end of this year and all 33,000 troops that were sent in as part of the surge in 2009, by September next year. The rest of the US troops are set to return home by 2014 when, Obama says, the Afghan people should be able to look after their own security. Andrew Phillips is a Fellow of the Department of International Relations and Tom Changarathil asked what he thought had prompted President Obama to make the decision.
- Not sure how to make the most of your weekend? @KateDrinkwater and @c_komz have some ideas- Psychics, Santa, Short Films, Supanova & more! 4 hours ago
- Deaths caused by a common heart problem could be avoided, according to a new study. Prof. Simon Stewart joins @c_komz to explain. #health 4 hours ago
- Venture Catalyst turns entrepreneurial students into business leaders. @c_komz is w/ the winners of $50k, discussing their security company 4 hours ago
- Next, @c_komz is with @KellyMLC to find out the latest developments in her push for a specialised Borderline Personality Disorder unit. 5 hours ago
- .@ScottMorrisonMP says #Australia will cut its intake of #refugees from Indonesia. @c_komz is w/ @JulianBurnside to discuss the implications 5 hours ago