A new study has found mobile phone companies are deliberately confusing us so we have no idea what we are getting on our phone plans, which is pretty frustrating for the 60% of people who have gone over their cap in the past 12 months. In the UK and America companies have to explain how many minutes of calls you’ll get a month, cost per minute and exactly how much data is included. Tom Changarathil spoke to WhistleOut CEO, Cameron Craig, and asked him about the Study.
- #youngwritersfest @ 8.40am the National Young Writers' Festival with manager Sophie Byrne and artist Jane Howard @angusrandall @c_komz 1 day ago
- #citizen jury @ 8.10am Cyclists and motorists to sort conflict through citizen jury. We talk to facilitator Emily Jenke @angusrandall 1 day ago
- #subsatsea @ 7.45am will the subs be built in Adelaide? This and more in SA State politics with Haydon Manning @angusrandall 1 day ago
- #oralhealth The International Indigenous Oral Health Conference. Hear from organiser KOSTAS KAPELLAS and researcher RUI ARANTE @angusrandall 1 day ago
- #medicannabis @ 7.15am Do you thing cannabis should be a medical treatment? Listen to Vic AMA Pres Michael Bartone @angusrandall 1 day ago