A new study has found mobile phone companies are deliberately confusing us so we have no idea what we are getting on our phone plans, which is pretty frustrating for the 60% of people who have gone over their cap in the past 12 months. In the UK and America companies have to explain how many minutes of calls you’ll get a month, cost per minute and exactly how much data is included. Tom Changarathil spoke to WhistleOut CEO, Cameron Craig, and asked him about the Study.
- Next, amazing local Blues artist, Cal Williams Jr., joins @c_komz for a chat about his album & upcoming gigs + a live tune or two. #music 2 days ago
- Some amazing events to lure you out of city this w/end. @KateDrinkwater shares ideas with @c_komz (+ some for the city folk) #Adelaide 2 days ago
- This week @TonyAbbottMHR proposed cutting the #renewableenergy target. A @unimelb Research Fellow discusses the potential impacts w/ @c_komz 2 days ago
- Fundamental bias makes us think that what we do for love, you do for hate. Coming up, @JeremyGinges explains conflict motives to @c_komz 2 days ago
- Workers in hospitals across #Adelaide will continue to strike over the next few days. @c_komz hears their concerns w/ Health Services Union. 2 days ago