Think about running a 42 kilometre marathon. That’s like running the City to Bay 3 times – and then some. Are you thinking about how much that would hurt? How your legs would feel the next day, how many blisters you would have and where the chafing would be biting? Now think of running it again the next day. And not just the next day – in fact, running a marathon every day for 15 days. Now think about doing it in the Simpson desert in 40 degree heat, running along sand dunes, dodging the inland taipan and bull camels and dust storms. Does that sound crazy? Tim Brunero spoke to Barry Golding, who is going to be one of 10 competitors who are going to start this race on September 15?
- This weekend, @InkPotArts Youth Ensemble will perform Angela Betzien's award winning play. @c_komz chats to director & project manager, next 3 hours ago
- This year is #WWIcentenary and @c_komz is with author Russel Robinson to hear some forgotten #WWI stories. Coming up on Breakfast! 4 hours ago
- The CEO of @beyondblue joins @c_komz next, to discuss their new 'Invisible Discriminator' campaign, highlighting subtle racism in Australia. 4 hours ago
- Next, @c_komz is with @RuralDoctorsAus Director to find out why @JuliaGillard's rural telehealth plan hasn't lived up to expectations. 5 hours ago
- Good morning! We've got @c_komz stepping in for an under the weather @angusrandall. He's got your world news headlines. Tune in now! 5 hours ago