Imagine losing your partner at 41. What would you do? Would you retreat into your shell and never come out? Or would you strike out into the world determined to stop others suffering the same fate?
The second option is exactly what Nick Lee did when his wife, and mother to his 2 small children, Jodi, passed away from bowel cancer at the age of 41.
He started the Jodi Lee Foundation which aims to raise awareness about bowel cancer. Not only about how more and more people are getting it, but also how easy it is to screen for and to cure.
Nick spoke to Tim Brunero about the Foundation and its aims.
- #youngwritersfest @ 8.40am the National Young Writers' Festival with manager Sophie Byrne and artist Jane Howard @angusrandall @c_komz 2 days ago
- #citizen jury @ 8.10am Cyclists and motorists to sort conflict through citizen jury. We talk to facilitator Emily Jenke @angusrandall 2 days ago
- #subsatsea @ 7.45am will the subs be built in Adelaide? This and more in SA State politics with Haydon Manning @angusrandall 2 days ago
- #oralhealth The International Indigenous Oral Health Conference. Hear from organiser KOSTAS KAPELLAS and researcher RUI ARANTE @angusrandall 2 days ago
- #medicannabis @ 7.15am Do you thing cannabis should be a medical treatment? Listen to Vic AMA Pres Michael Bartone @angusrandall 2 days ago