Imagine losing your partner at 41. What would you do? Would you retreat into your shell and never come out? Or would you strike out into the world determined to stop others suffering the same fate?
The second option is exactly what Nick Lee did when his wife, and mother to his 2 small children, Jodi, passed away from bowel cancer at the age of 41.
He started the Jodi Lee Foundation which aims to raise awareness about bowel cancer. Not only about how more and more people are getting it, but also how easy it is to screen for and to cure.
Nick spoke to Tim Brunero about the Foundation and its aims.
- Next, amazing local Blues artist, Cal Williams Jr., joins @c_komz for a chat about his album & upcoming gigs + a live tune or two. #music 2 days ago
- Some amazing events to lure you out of city this w/end. @KateDrinkwater shares ideas with @c_komz (+ some for the city folk) #Adelaide 2 days ago
- This week @TonyAbbottMHR proposed cutting the #renewableenergy target. A @unimelb Research Fellow discusses the potential impacts w/ @c_komz 2 days ago
- Fundamental bias makes us think that what we do for love, you do for hate. Coming up, @JeremyGinges explains conflict motives to @c_komz 2 days ago
- Workers in hospitals across #Adelaide will continue to strike over the next few days. @c_komz hears their concerns w/ Health Services Union. 2 days ago