Imagine losing your partner at 41. What would you do? Would you retreat into your shell and never come out? Or would you strike out into the world determined to stop others suffering the same fate?
The second option is exactly what Nick Lee did when his wife, and mother to his 2 small children, Jodi, passed away from bowel cancer at the age of 41.
He started the Jodi Lee Foundation which aims to raise awareness about bowel cancer. Not only about how more and more people are getting it, but also how easy it is to screen for and to cure.
Nick spoke to Tim Brunero about the Foundation and its aims.
- Coming up, we've got a treat for you! @PlutoJonze plus surprise special guest... Tune in for some sweet tunes 11 hours ago
- He's a military surgeon, but can he handle the fight to be next Lord Mayor? @angusrandall is about to chat to candidate Michael Henningsen 11 hours ago
- Coming up, we'll be reflecting on the late #GoughWhitlam - his political career and his legacy 12 hours ago
- What's gone wrong with The Wallabies this season? @tseagrim joins @angusrandall next to discuss who will replace Ewen McKenzie at the helm! 12 hours ago
- RT @angusrandall: The @sfbg is no more, but you can read @breakfast1015 correspondent @iamtaylorkaplan on @SFWeekly 12 hours ago