The carbon tax is going to dominate debate in parliament again this week, as the focus shifts away from a slinging match between the Government and the Opposition, to a game of who has the best offer. Prime Minister Julia Gillard has hinted that she will cut taxes and raise pensions as compensation for the tax, while the Opposition has promised to scrap the tax altogether while keeping the pension increases intact. But amongst all this political hoopla real action on climate change has yet to happen. Aftera series of tragic climate events hitting our own shores one environmental group has said enough is enough! This weekend Clean SA will hold a public march, “March for Survival”, in Adelaide to demand real action on climate change from the policy makers. Catherine Zengerer caught up with Clean SA Spokesperson, Ruth Ratcliffe to find out about the march. Ruth started by explaing what Clean SA is all about.
- We're talking to @SA_SES for some information and advice about the coming storms. Be sure to tune in if you're in an affected area! 12 minutes ago
- We're chatting with our video game correspondent @SeamusMullins about the latest gaming news! Listen in on digital, online and 101.5 FM 24 minutes ago
- We catch up with Katherine Smyrk from @thebigissue to discuss what's on offer in the latest edition! Listen online: goo.gl/QFtcuk 51 minutes ago
- We're chatting with US Correspondent @iamtaylorkaplan about the presidential debates and protests in the US. Tune in at 101.5FM! 1 hour ago
- We are live! Hang out with @jennielenman this morning as we cover local and international affairs, entertainment, and of course sick beats. 1 hour ago