Did you know that each time you step into a restaurant or a shop and buy a product or a meal, you are actually entering into a contract? This means there are some legal rights and duties on your part when you enter into this contract. While we like the sound of the rights we have, what about our duties? Usually we are aware of criminal law but are less familiar with private law. So what is private law, is it enforceable, how does it effect us, and who benefits from it? To answer some of these questions, Prof Charles Rickett, from the University of South Australia’s School of Law spoke to Tom Changarathil this morning, and Tom Asked Professor Rickett who looked after these laws.
- Coming up: Ian speaks to @LazyEyeBlues! #Blues #Music Tune in 101.5FM soon! 5 days ago
- Ian is currently speaking with Dr Aaron Martin from @unimelb about #youthvoters and the importance of #voting #ausvotes #auspol2016 101.5FM 5 days ago
- Today is #NationalWalkSafelyToSchoolDay. Coming up, Ian will be speaking to CEO of Pedestrian Council of Australia, Harold Scruby! 101.5FM! 5 days ago
- We're talking State politics and the latest railway proposal with Hayden Manning! 6 days ago
- Ever thought about delaying your child from starting school? Hear the facts up next to help make your decision. 6 days ago