Did you know that each time you step into a restaurant or a shop and buy a product or a meal, you are actually entering into a contract? This means there are some legal rights and duties on your part when you enter into this contract. While we like the sound of the rights we have, what about our duties? Usually we are aware of criminal law but are less familiar with private law. So what is private law, is it enforceable, how does it effect us, and who benefits from it? To answer some of these questions, Prof Charles Rickett, from the University of South Australia’s School of Law spoke to Tom Changarathil this morning, and Tom Asked Professor Rickett who looked after these laws.
- American comedian @EddieIfft is back in Australia at the fringe this year! Tune in to here all about his latest show with our @kvitkabecker. 18 hours ago
- We have LIVE Author Craig Silvey and Director Rachel Perkins at @JasperJonesFilm in the studio for the new film adaption of 'Jasper Jones'! 18 hours ago
- Ready to be supplied some juicy tunes? LIVE we are listening to songs from @angelaskujins, @Oscarkeysung and @HTMLflowers! 18 hours ago
- Are you a BBQ King? Tell us your take on 'In Vitro Meats' as we are joined with Clive Phillips to venture more into the topic! 19 hours ago
- Tune in soon to hear what political intrigue is happening with the New Zealand Opposition Party and the Maori Party with @95bFM! 19 hours ago