The health of the Murray has suffered another set back, when news broke late last week that the State government has asked the Federal Government for more time to remove flow regulators in the Goolwa Channel. The regulators near Clayton and Currency Creek were built in 2009 as an emergency drought measure to help curb soil acidification. Di Bell from the River Lakes and Coorong action group joined us on the line, and Catherine Zengerer asked her when the deadline was for the removal.
- Wrapping things up here on Breakfast, thanks for your company and we'll be back tomorrow from 6.30am! 11 hours ago
- NEXT: A live musical treat from Abbey and Jasmine, students from Peterborough High School. 12 hours ago
- NOW: Ian Newton is talking to Valdis Dunis, candidate in the upcoming @CityofAdelaide council elections. 12 hours ago
- NEXT: #DV is also an issue in LGBTIQ relationships. We hear from 2 women who experienced it but couldn't find support. #WhiteRibbonDay 13 hours ago
- NEXT: Ian chats with Rachael Bausor from @WIREwomensinfo about financial abuse as a form of #DV. #WhiteRibbonDay 13 hours ago