Last week, Sustainable Population Minister, Tony Burke, released his Government’s Sustainable Population Strategy for Australia, which set out to offer an approach towards attaining sustainable communities and cities around the country. The President of Sustainable Population Australia (or SPA), Sandra Kanck, has said the Minister’s recommendation to move people around the countryside as a solution to the population issue is like shifting Deck-chairs around the Titanic. Tom Changarathil asked her to explain the analogy.
- Manus Island: A 21 year old woman has set her self on fire in protest of conditions - the second incident in a week bit.ly/26MDf54 1 day ago
- Coming up after 8am, we speak to @sarahinthesen8 about the closure of the Manus Island Detention Centre. 5 days ago
- Keen to know why your voice drops talking to 'the ladies'? @Fossilcrox explains this and Neanderthal diets in 10 mins - tune into 101.5FM! 6 days ago
- Coming up soon, we speak with Dr Joanna Hartnett from @Sydney_Uni about St John's Wort and the effect it is having in treating depression! 6 days ago
- Coming up at 7:15am; @loupascale speaks with Prof. Tracey Wade from @ANGInitiative about the link between anorexia and genetics. 6 days ago