Did you know that there is no set time limit that someone can be detained in immigration detention facilities? It’s no wonder then that an alarming number of refugees are becoming depressed to the point of suicide and self-harm in detention. The Australian Human Rights Commission released a report yesterday morning, outlining their concern with the detrimental effects of such prolonged detention, particularly in the Villawood Detention Centre. Tom Changarathil spoke to Amnesty International Refugee Campaigner, Alex Pagliaro, and he asked Alex if she had seen similar findings.
- The front-woman of Koral & The Goodbye Horses, is in the studio talking about the band's recently released EP "Nocturnes". @KoralMusics 20 hours ago
- Greece has voted "no" to the terms of a European bailout. Professor Phil Lewis is in the studio to examine the situation. @UniCanberra 20 hours ago
- OzAsia Launches its program today. Festival director @Joe_Mitch is in the studio to reveal what's in store. @OzAsiaFestival 21 hours ago
- Soon, @Penmonicus AKA Resident muso, Luke Penman, will be live in the studio with music news. 1 day ago
- Up next @Bension1 from @indaily wil be chatting to @angusrandall about what's making news in South Australia. 1 day ago