Did you know that there is no set time limit that someone can be detained in immigration detention facilities? It’s no wonder then that an alarming number of refugees are becoming depressed to the point of suicide and self-harm in detention. The Australian Human Rights Commission released a report yesterday morning, outlining their concern with the detrimental effects of such prolonged detention, particularly in the Villawood Detention Centre. Tom Changarathil spoke to Amnesty International Refugee Campaigner, Alex Pagliaro, and he asked Alex if she had seen similar findings.
- On live, the brains behind Bazinga Burlesque are live in studio with @loupascale discussing their show and more, on @radioadelaide! 14 hours ago
- On live, Music guru @Penmonicus is live in the studio discussing the very latest in new Music, from WAAX to Jess Ribeiro, on @radioadelaide! 14 hours ago
- On live, @Bension1 from @indaily discussing everything from food trucks to a potential change to alcohol sales in SA, on @radioadelaide 14 hours ago
- Coming up after the news, @Bension1 from @indaily is live in studio discussing Adelaide's food truck dilemma and more, on @radioadelaide! 14 hours ago
- On live, Nicole Batch from the @RedCrossAU is discussing the International Tracing Service and more, on @radioadelaide 14 hours ago