Did you know that there is no set time limit that someone can be detained in immigration detention facilities? It’s no wonder then that an alarming number of refugees are becoming depressed to the point of suicide and self-harm in detention. The Australian Human Rights Commission released a report yesterday morning, outlining their concern with the detrimental effects of such prolonged detention, particularly in the Villawood Detention Centre. Tom Changarathil spoke to Amnesty International Refugee Campaigner, Alex Pagliaro, and he asked Alex if she had seen similar findings.
- This morning, we chatted with Cheryl Saunders AO about the recent Uluru summit. Listen back here radioadelaide.org.au/2017/05/29/pro… 6 hours ago
- Nicole O'Rielley from Publicly Private joined us this morning and performed 2 beautiful songs, listen back here radioadelaide.org.au/2017/05/29/pub… 7 hours ago
- RMagic mushrooms safest drug? Dr. Julaine Allan joined us this morning to talk about the recent Global Drug Survey radioadelaide.org.au/2017/05/29/are… 8 hours ago
- Thanks for listening Adelaide, tune back in tomorrow for another jam packed show, enjoy your day! https://t.co/qJnK1wU3WU 10 hours ago
- We have the phenomenal Nicole O'Reilley from Publicly Private Cabaret show live in studio! Tune in now to hear her perform 🎼 10 hours ago