Did you know that there is no set time limit that someone can be detained in immigration detention facilities? It’s no wonder then that an alarming number of refugees are becoming depressed to the point of suicide and self-harm in detention. The Australian Human Rights Commission released a report yesterday morning, outlining their concern with the detrimental effects of such prolonged detention, particularly in the Villawood Detention Centre. Tom Changarathil spoke to Amnesty International Refugee Campaigner, Alex Pagliaro, and he asked Alex if she had seen similar findings.
- up coming, The torch CEO Kent Morris will joins us soon to talk about Indigenous Prison Art @TheTorchVic 42 minutes ago
- Coming up - @unimelb academic Dr Nicola Reaveley discusses mental health in the workplace and more on the first female @RSL_SA in South Aus! 1 day ago
- Garry Farrow of @95bFM speaking to us live about the TTP and Waitangi Day tensions on digital radio, online and 101.5fm. 1 day ago
- Morning! Today - Mental Health in the workplace, New Zealand culture and politics, new music and local business. Digital, Online and 101.5FM 1 day ago
- Morning, coming up we talk biodiversity with Dr McDowell, the impact Aldi will have on consumers and Scott Cook will join us in the studio. 4 days ago