Did you know that there is no set time limit that someone can be detained in immigration detention facilities? It’s no wonder then that an alarming number of refugees are becoming depressed to the point of suicide and self-harm in detention. The Australian Human Rights Commission released a report yesterday morning, outlining their concern with the detrimental effects of such prolonged detention, particularly in the Villawood Detention Centre. Tom Changarathil spoke to Amnesty International Refugee Campaigner, Alex Pagliaro, and he asked Alex if she had seen similar findings.
- Coming up: Ian speaks to @LazyEyeBlues! #Blues #Music Tune in 101.5FM soon! 4 days ago
- Ian is currently speaking with Dr Aaron Martin from @unimelb about #youthvoters and the importance of #voting #ausvotes #auspol2016 101.5FM 4 days ago
- Today is #NationalWalkSafelyToSchoolDay. Coming up, Ian will be speaking to CEO of Pedestrian Council of Australia, Harold Scruby! 101.5FM! 4 days ago
- We're talking State politics and the latest railway proposal with Hayden Manning! 5 days ago
- Ever thought about delaying your child from starting school? Hear the facts up next to help make your decision. 5 days ago