Did you know that there is no set time limit that someone can be detained in immigration detention facilities? It’s no wonder then that an alarming number of refugees are becoming depressed to the point of suicide and self-harm in detention. The Australian Human Rights Commission released a report yesterday morning, outlining their concern with the detrimental effects of such prolonged detention, particularly in the Villawood Detention Centre. Tom Changarathil spoke to Amnesty International Refugee Campaigner, Alex Pagliaro, and he asked Alex if she had seen similar findings.
- It's the last week of History Month - check out all the exciting events they have left on their site,... fb.me/31EiLlczM 2 days ago
- Check out the movies on offer this week radio.adelaide.edu.au/movies-with-ch… fb.me/4hCNb260c 2 days ago
- Only one week left of the About Time @historyfestival - listen in now to hear about some of the last events to get to! 2 days ago
- Make sure you check out @comeoutfestival starting today down at Elder Park 2 days ago
- We're speaking to the Refugee Action Coalition shortly on how the Royal Commission into Child Sex Abuse could look into detention centres 2 days ago