Did you know that there is no set time limit that someone can be detained in immigration detention facilities? It’s no wonder then that an alarming number of refugees are becoming depressed to the point of suicide and self-harm in detention. The Australian Human Rights Commission released a report yesterday morning, outlining their concern with the detrimental effects of such prolonged detention, particularly in the Villawood Detention Centre. Tom Changarathil spoke to Amnesty International Refugee Campaigner, Alex Pagliaro, and he asked Alex if she had seen similar findings.
- Are we doing enough to safeguard our food supply and production in a changing climate?... fb.me/3NEWDrwxp 44 minutes ago
- Sarah Gousse joined us for some fun this morning - catch her show tomorrow night... fb.me/1IUHQnOoa 46 minutes ago
- Speaking with David Bradbury about his new doco-drama on the Vietnam War, The Crater, just after this track 1 hour ago
- What will climate change do to Australia's food supply and our food production? Find out shortly @unimelb @PICCCnews 2 hours ago
- Apparently we need to house a new Canberra every YEAR in Australia. At least it's not actually another Canberra @TheAusInstitute 2 hours ago