Did you know that there is no set time limit that someone can be detained in immigration detention facilities? It’s no wonder then that an alarming number of refugees are becoming depressed to the point of suicide and self-harm in detention. The Australian Human Rights Commission released a report yesterday morning, outlining their concern with the detrimental effects of such prolonged detention, particularly in the Villawood Detention Centre. Tom Changarathil spoke to Amnesty International Refugee Campaigner, Alex Pagliaro, and he asked Alex if she had seen similar findings.
- Are you a mum? You'll want to tune in! @Morgan_Burley speaks to Constance Hall! #queensofconstance #LikeAQueen #AmazingMum #101.5FM 2 hours ago
- We have @JenLush1 from new music venue 'Stone Pony' in Willunga chatting with @jennielenman live in the studio now! Make sure you tune in. 1 day ago
- Tune into 101.5fm, we have Brendan De Paor-Moore in studio chatting with @jennielenman about Anti-Poverty Week and more! #antipovertyweek 1 day ago
- We're speaking with @iamtaylorkaplan about the latest in the US. Tune in now! 1 day ago
- TV hit #StrangerThings is the focus of an upcoming Espionage Gallery exhibition in Adelaide. 4 local #artists join us in studio to discuss 2 days ago