Did you know that there is no set time limit that someone can be detained in immigration detention facilities? It’s no wonder then that an alarming number of refugees are becoming depressed to the point of suicide and self-harm in detention. The Australian Human Rights Commission released a report yesterday morning, outlining their concern with the detrimental effects of such prolonged detention, particularly in the Villawood Detention Centre. Tom Changarathil spoke to Amnesty International Refugee Campaigner, Alex Pagliaro, and he asked Alex if she had seen similar findings.
- Tune in now to hear the story of #BigIssue vendor Brian, who's been selling the magazine for 20 years https://t.co/8Gl1AInWhd 18 hours ago
- Coming up, we chat to our feminist insider @ClaireTatyzo about the first female chief justice in Australia 18 hours ago
- Tune in now, we learn how carers are slipping through the cracks of the #NDIS from @ANGLICARESydney Sue King #auspol 19 hours ago
- Good morning Adelaide! Tune in from 6.45 this morning, when we talk the #newzealand PM's resignation with journalis… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 19 hours ago
- Check out co-opera.yapsody.com/event/index/50… via @yapsody 1 day ago