Did you know that there is no set time limit that someone can be detained in immigration detention facilities? It’s no wonder then that an alarming number of refugees are becoming depressed to the point of suicide and self-harm in detention. The Australian Human Rights Commission released a report yesterday morning, outlining their concern with the detrimental effects of such prolonged detention, particularly in the Villawood Detention Centre. Tom Changarathil spoke to Amnesty International Refugee Campaigner, Alex Pagliaro, and he asked Alex if she had seen similar findings.
- We have @damiancallinan and @pcalleja1 talk about The Wine Bluffs, playing at the @RoyalCroquetClu this #ADLfringe… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 2 days ago
- Live in the studio - Liam and Oscar from #NeonTetra to talk about the new EP, and we'll play a brand new track here first! 2 days ago
- Listen live at bit.ly/1kVvsJW right now, or catch the podcast later on at radio.adelaide.edu.au/program/breakf… twitter.com/jennielenman/s… 2 days ago
- Live from the #Movies - @Jacurtis95 gives his honest review of long-awaited sequel T2 : Trainspotting live on… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 2 days ago
- Live chat with @SAUnions Joe Szakacs about the #penaltyrates cut - listen online here bit.ly/1kVvsJW… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 2 days ago