Did you know that there is no set time limit that someone can be detained in immigration detention facilities? It’s no wonder then that an alarming number of refugees are becoming depressed to the point of suicide and self-harm in detention. The Australian Human Rights Commission released a report yesterday morning, outlining their concern with the detrimental effects of such prolonged detention, particularly in the Villawood Detention Centre. Tom Changarathil spoke to Amnesty International Refugee Campaigner, Alex Pagliaro, and he asked Alex if she had seen similar findings.
- Next, Adelaide Musician Thomas Williams will be giving us a performance live in the studio. @Lapelcelery 9 hours ago
- We are catching up with Lord Mayor Haese to talk about the Council's Live Music Action Plan. 9 hours ago
- Up next, Melissa Cranenburgh from @thebigissue will be talking about their latest issue. 9 hours ago
- Wills Logue is having a chat with Louise about what SHineSA is doing for World Aids Day. 9 hours ago
- Joining us soon is @ClaireTatyzo from @YWCAAdelaide in to talk about the 16 Days of Activism against Gender-Based Violence. 10 hours ago