Did you know that there is no set time limit that someone can be detained in immigration detention facilities? It’s no wonder then that an alarming number of refugees are becoming depressed to the point of suicide and self-harm in detention. The Australian Human Rights Commission released a report yesterday morning, outlining their concern with the detrimental effects of such prolonged detention, particularly in the Villawood Detention Centre. Tom Changarathil spoke to Amnesty International Refugee Campaigner, Alex Pagliaro, and he asked Alex if she had seen similar findings.
- That's nearly it for another week-you can check out any of the interviews you may have missed online radio.adelaide.edu.au/program/breakf… @radioadelaide 2 days ago
- On air we're speaking with the woman behind @OzComicCon, Carissa Avenhouse 2 days ago
- What's happening tonight #adelaide? Anything exciting, or is it going to be as rainy and dull as @slape claims it will be? 2 days ago
- Speaking now about how the future of navy craft design involves 3D scanning @UniversitySA 2 days ago
- Coming up soon, we'll be speaking to Tom Godfrey about shonky bank fees @choiceaustralia @Choice_news 2 days ago