Did you know that there is no set time limit that someone can be detained in immigration detention facilities? It’s no wonder then that an alarming number of refugees are becoming depressed to the point of suicide and self-harm in detention. The Australian Human Rights Commission released a report yesterday morning, outlining their concern with the detrimental effects of such prolonged detention, particularly in the Villawood Detention Centre. Tom Changarathil spoke to Amnesty International Refugee Campaigner, Alex Pagliaro, and he asked Alex if she had seen similar findings.
- Live in studio, local musician Trent Worley discusses today's Semaphore Music Festival and performs live, on @radioadelaide 5 hours ago
- Coming up, local musician Trent Worley is live performing a song or two and discussing today's Semaphore Music Festival, on @radioadelaide 6 hours ago
- Live in studio, life coach Diana Hutchison discusses her first book, "Setting Yourself Free" and her diverse experiences, on @radioadelaide 6 hours ago
- Coming up, life coach Diana Hutchison discusses her experiences and her first book, "Setting Yourself Free", on @radioadelaide 6 hours ago
- On live, @DinoVrynios is live in studio discussing the upcoming festival of Architecture and Design, and the advent of driverless cars! 6 hours ago