“A woman should not be made a victim of violence, no matter what she is wearing”. This is the message that International Women’s movement, SlutWalk is promoting. Around 60 SlutWalk protests have been held or planned around the globe, and tomorrow, Adelaide is taking part in Victoria Square from 1pm. However, women are not the only ones who will be fighting for an end to victim-blaming – there’s a group of men who are adding their voice to the protest. Spokesperson for the Coalition, Trevor Richardson, spoke to Tom Changarathil, and he asked Trevor what message they were trying to promote.
- "“These are old archaic defences" We spoke with @TammyMLC earlier about the #gaypanicdefence wp.me/p3qrJ1-USl https://t.co/hZZi4axgWX 2 days ago
- The @AdelaideFesCent's #WorldofCultures program begins this wknd! We're speaking about the opening concert "Rumi In Their Own Words" 2 days ago
- Are #driverlesscars a replacement for a qualified driver? Tune in now to hear what Dr Peter Fisher from @RMIT thinks #technology #automation 2 days ago
- Rihgt now, we're speaking with @TammyMLC about the #gaypanicdefence and why it needs to go, tune in! 2 days ago
- Up shortly, we'll be crossing the seas to #Europe & discussing the latest in the #londonattack & growing tensions b/w Turkey & Germany 2 days ago