“A woman should not be made a victim of violence, no matter what she is wearing”. This is the message that International Women’s movement, SlutWalk is promoting. Around 60 SlutWalk protests have been held or planned around the globe, and tomorrow, Adelaide is taking part in Victoria Square from 1pm. However, women are not the only ones who will be fighting for an end to victim-blaming – there’s a group of men who are adding their voice to the protest. Spokesperson for the Coalition, Trevor Richardson, spoke to Tom Changarathil, and he asked Trevor what message they were trying to promote.
- "I tried to drum, and I got strongly worded letters from my neighbour" - The New Yorks talk how they got into music 6 hours ago
- In just a moment, local #rock band The New Yorks will join Jennie in studio to talk their inspirations and play a few songs 6 hours ago
- Tune in now to hear Conservation SA's call for a national emergency in Australia due to climate change "We need to treat this as a disaster" 7 hours ago
- "If people don't have enough water, they can sit there and quietly wilt and die, that's the danger" - Tune in to hear the dangers of heat 7 hours ago
- "People need to recognise 'I personally am at risk'... they too can succumb" - We hear from an expert on the dangers of rising tempereatures 7 hours ago