Is the decade-long War in Afghanistan nearly over? Barak Obama yesterday revealed the US will pull 10,000 troops out of Afghanistan by the end of this year and all 33,000 troops that were sent in as part of the surge in 2009, by September next year. The rest of the US troops are set to return home by 2014 when, Obama says, the Afghan people should be able to look after their own security. Andrew Phillips is a Fellow of the Department of International Relations and Tom Changarathil asked what he thought had prompted President Obama to make the decision.
- Coming up after 7.30 this morning, we speak to @Kon__K from @ASRC1 about the implications of the Manus Island lawsuits. 23 hours ago
- Are you living below the poverty line? Many Australians are! @loupascale speaks with David Richardson from @TheAusInstitute shortly. 1 day ago
- Craving a Cruz-ie morning? We'll be joined soon by Dr Raymond Orr from @unimelb to discuss recent developments in American politics. 1 day ago
- Manus Island: A 21 year old woman has set her self on fire in protest of conditions - the second incident in a week bit.ly/26MDf54 3 days ago
- Coming up after 8am, we speak to @sarahinthesen8 about the closure of the Manus Island Detention Centre. 1 week ago