Is the decade-long War in Afghanistan nearly over? Barak Obama yesterday revealed the US will pull 10,000 troops out of Afghanistan by the end of this year and all 33,000 troops that were sent in as part of the surge in 2009, by September next year. The rest of the US troops are set to return home by 2014 when, Obama says, the Afghan people should be able to look after their own security. Andrew Phillips is a Fellow of the Department of International Relations and Tom Changarathil asked what he thought had prompted President Obama to make the decision.
- Are we doing enough to safeguard our food supply and production in a changing climate?... fb.me/3NEWDrwxp 2 days ago
- Sarah Gousse joined us for some fun this morning - catch her show tomorrow night... fb.me/1IUHQnOoa 2 days ago
- Speaking with David Bradbury about his new doco-drama on the Vietnam War, The Crater, just after this track 2 days ago
- What will climate change do to Australia's food supply and our food production? Find out shortly @unimelb @PICCCnews 2 days ago
- Apparently we need to house a new Canberra every YEAR in Australia. At least it's not actually another Canberra @TheAusInstitute 2 days ago