Is the decade-long War in Afghanistan nearly over? Barak Obama yesterday revealed the US will pull 10,000 troops out of Afghanistan by the end of this year and all 33,000 troops that were sent in as part of the surge in 2009, by September next year. The rest of the US troops are set to return home by 2014 when, Obama says, the Afghan people should be able to look after their own security. Andrew Phillips is a Fellow of the Department of International Relations and Tom Changarathil asked what he thought had prompted President Obama to make the decision.
- This morning, we chatted with Cheryl Saunders AO about the recent Uluru summit. Listen back here radioadelaide.org.au/2017/05/29/pro… 6 hours ago
- Nicole O'Rielley from Publicly Private joined us this morning and performed 2 beautiful songs, listen back here radioadelaide.org.au/2017/05/29/pub… 7 hours ago
- RMagic mushrooms safest drug? Dr. Julaine Allan joined us this morning to talk about the recent Global Drug Survey radioadelaide.org.au/2017/05/29/are… 8 hours ago
- Thanks for listening Adelaide, tune back in tomorrow for another jam packed show, enjoy your day! https://t.co/qJnK1wU3WU 9 hours ago
- We have the phenomenal Nicole O'Reilley from Publicly Private Cabaret show live in studio! Tune in now to hear her perform 🎼 10 hours ago