Is the decade-long War in Afghanistan nearly over? Barak Obama yesterday revealed the US will pull 10,000 troops out of Afghanistan by the end of this year and all 33,000 troops that were sent in as part of the surge in 2009, by September next year. The rest of the US troops are set to return home by 2014 when, Obama says, the Afghan people should be able to look after their own security. Andrew Phillips is a Fellow of the Department of International Relations and Tom Changarathil asked what he thought had prompted President Obama to make the decision.
- So long for the week and thanks for your ears! We will be back on Monday. Have a grand weekend! 1 day ago
- A pop up exhibition 'Bad Girls: Into the Light' by artist Susanne Wegener gets the breakdown as she joins us in studio. 1 day ago
- Don't know what to do this weekend? @smurphys_world has you covered with this week's #WhatsOn guide. --- It's got mud in it... #justsayin'. 1 day ago
- #Movies! #Films! #MotionPictures! Who doesn't love the #silverscreen. We talk @DopeMovie and 'Bad Hair' with Chrissy Kavanagh next! 1 day ago
- The #news team are ready to go with another epic chapter in our hourly news series. Tune in to 101.5FM or miss the #drama! 1 day ago