Is the decade-long War in Afghanistan nearly over? Barak Obama yesterday revealed the US will pull 10,000 troops out of Afghanistan by the end of this year and all 33,000 troops that were sent in as part of the surge in 2009, by September next year. The rest of the US troops are set to return home by 2014 when, Obama says, the Afghan people should be able to look after their own security. Andrew Phillips is a Fellow of the Department of International Relations and Tom Changarathil asked what he thought had prompted President Obama to make the decision.
- Coming up shortly, @InkPotArts' From Footprint to Footplate actor, Jesse Butler talks to @angusrandall about the play. 20 hours ago
- RT @AdlCommunityCup: An Anchor and a Rockatoo. #UhOh #feelinkindasporty @ReclinkAus @breakfast1015 http://t.co/FBgrCPqYZW 20 hours ago
- Coming up, @thebigissue with @thetwits2 talking about women in comedy and the quiz issue. @angusrandall 20 hours ago
- Jason Evans from @MelbCommCup @Reclink Aus talking to @angusrandall. 20 hours ago
- Coming up, @angusrandall is joined by Feminist Insider, @jemjem05, to discuss UK politics 20-20 plan. @YWCAAdelaide 21 hours ago