Is the decade-long War in Afghanistan nearly over? Barak Obama yesterday revealed the US will pull 10,000 troops out of Afghanistan by the end of this year and all 33,000 troops that were sent in as part of the surge in 2009, by September next year. The rest of the US troops are set to return home by 2014 when, Obama says, the Afghan people should be able to look after their own security. Andrew Phillips is a Fellow of the Department of International Relations and Tom Changarathil asked what he thought had prompted President Obama to make the decision.
- Poets from the Wide Open Road are in studio to discuss the #AnzacCentenary and Australia's war history 2 days ago
- Find out what's happening in #Adelaide this #weekend, next on Brekky! 2 days ago
- Next on Brekky: @UniofAdelaide researcher will tell us how #liver #disease is not just alcohol related, #diet plays a big role too 2 days ago
- On now, the Fed Govt has wrapped up #Workplace #AgeDiscrimination survey, confirming that 1/4 over 50 affected #auspol 2 days ago
- On Brekky this hour: #AgeDiscrimination in the workplace and how diet impacts the liver 2 days ago