Is the decade-long War in Afghanistan nearly over? Barak Obama yesterday revealed the US will pull 10,000 troops out of Afghanistan by the end of this year and all 33,000 troops that were sent in as part of the surge in 2009, by September next year. The rest of the US troops are set to return home by 2014 when, Obama says, the Afghan people should be able to look after their own security. Andrew Phillips is a Fellow of the Department of International Relations and Tom Changarathil asked what he thought had prompted President Obama to make the decision.
- Up next, @humanihut CEO and inventor Neale Sutton on this amazing new #emergencyshelter system. @breakfast1015 2 hours ago
- That's all for #Breakfast this morning! Join us from 6.30am tomorrow morning to finish off your working week with Ian Newton. 1 day ago
- Piece for Person and Ghetto Blaster is the title of Nicola Gunn's new theatre piece. She joins us in studio shortly to tell us more. 1 day ago
- Are we on the brink of environmental catastrophe? @RiAus Producer Casey Harrigan joins us in studio now to explain. 1 day ago
- We're talking #TDoR2015, and how to address transphobia on air now with transgender advocate, Kristyana Finch. 1 day ago