Is the decade-long War in Afghanistan nearly over? Barak Obama yesterday revealed the US will pull 10,000 troops out of Afghanistan by the end of this year and all 33,000 troops that were sent in as part of the surge in 2009, by September next year. The rest of the US troops are set to return home by 2014 when, Obama says, the Afghan people should be able to look after their own security. Andrew Phillips is a Fellow of the Department of International Relations and Tom Changarathil asked what he thought had prompted President Obama to make the decision.
- Morning, coming up we talk biodiversity with Dr McDowell, the impact Aldi will have on consumers and Scott Cook will join us in the studio. 2 days ago
- The Various Nefarious is in our studio right now getting prepped to play some tunes. There's a double bass! 3 days ago
- Experimenting with human embryos? Sounds like something out of a sci-fi/dystopian film. @Fossilcrox is discussing now 3 days ago
- .@beneltham from @newmatilda will be joining @loupascale to discuss all things Federal Politicals right now! 3 days ago
- Coming up in 10 minutes, @HughdeKretser will be speaking to @loupascale about the High Court decision on Offshore Detention 3 days ago