Is the decade-long War in Afghanistan nearly over? Barak Obama yesterday revealed the US will pull 10,000 troops out of Afghanistan by the end of this year and all 33,000 troops that were sent in as part of the surge in 2009, by September next year. The rest of the US troops are set to return home by 2014 when, Obama says, the Afghan people should be able to look after their own security. Andrew Phillips is a Fellow of the Department of International Relations and Tom Changarathil asked what he thought had prompted President Obama to make the decision.
- Check out today's interviews at the @radioadelaide website, like John Bruni's discussion on the #londonattack - bit.ly/2nez8iA 11 hours ago
- Tune in as @Naomi_keyte joins us live in the studio to chat with @jennielenman and play a track or two! 12 hours ago
- Tune in for #Science! with @jennielenman and Rohan - discussing the important questions, like why does rain smell? https://t.co/S6wSXMU2UG 12 hours ago
- Live now on @radioadelaide, @beneltham from @newmatilda on the latest in Federal Politics - bit.ly/1kVvsJW 13 hours ago
- Coming up, @jennielenman chats with Victoria Whitington from @UniversitySA about diversity in #BeautyAndTheBeast and #sesamestreet 13 hours ago