Is the decade-long War in Afghanistan nearly over? Barak Obama yesterday revealed the US will pull 10,000 troops out of Afghanistan by the end of this year and all 33,000 troops that were sent in as part of the surge in 2009, by September next year. The rest of the US troops are set to return home by 2014 when, Obama says, the Afghan people should be able to look after their own security. Andrew Phillips is a Fellow of the Department of International Relations and Tom Changarathil asked what he thought had prompted President Obama to make the decision.
- Speaking with Dr Sally Brinkman from @UniofAdelaide about baby dolls and teenage pregnancy. Tune in! 10 hours ago
- Soon @jennielenman will speaking with @RDNS_TAI about cuts to welfare followed by the new instalment of cartoonist chat with @jonkudelka 11 hours ago
- Director of the cinematic masterpiece 'Shine' Scott Hicks is in the studio with @jennielenman & discussing the 20th anniversary of 'Shine'. 1 week ago
- RT @Fossilcrox: Prepping with coffee for a science chat on @breakfast1015 ; fishy stories, viruses everywhere and DNA diseases 1 week ago
- @ 7:45 we chat with @beneltham about the closure of #ManusIsland, also #Nauru and the failed online #census #NewMatilda 1 week ago