Is the decade-long War in Afghanistan nearly over? Barak Obama yesterday revealed the US will pull 10,000 troops out of Afghanistan by the end of this year and all 33,000 troops that were sent in as part of the surge in 2009, by September next year. The rest of the US troops are set to return home by 2014 when, Obama says, the Afghan people should be able to look after their own security. Andrew Phillips is a Fellow of the Department of International Relations and Tom Changarathil asked what he thought had prompted President Obama to make the decision.
- Magicians Jace Wonders and Scott Stunz joined us live in the studio this morning, hear the whole interview here: wp.me/p3qrJ1-TcF 2 days ago
- Up shortly, Jennie and Ian will be chatting with our movie guy @the_Blake_List about new movies #passengers and #xXx 2 days ago
- In a moment, we'll have a chat with @tomgodfreynews from @choiceaustralia about financial loans traps and how to avoid them 2 days ago
- @ 7:10 we'll be chatting with @deemadigan the uproar surrounding an #AustraliaDay billboard and the amazing campaign to reinstate it 2 days ago
- Up now, Jennie and Ian will be chatting with Rob Popplestone live from the @tourdownunder #bupachallenge 2 days ago