Is the decade-long War in Afghanistan nearly over? Barak Obama yesterday revealed the US will pull 10,000 troops out of Afghanistan by the end of this year and all 33,000 troops that were sent in as part of the surge in 2009, by September next year. The rest of the US troops are set to return home by 2014 when, Obama says, the Afghan people should be able to look after their own security. Andrew Phillips is a Fellow of the Department of International Relations and Tom Changarathil asked what he thought had prompted President Obama to make the decision.
- Coming up, we talk to Award winning Pulse Band to hear all about their tour called the Desirables. They may even sing! #music #RadioAdelaide 23 hours ago
- Tune into 101.5fm now to hear Robyn Williams and Mick O'Loghlen discuss national Co-op Housing Symposium #RadioAdelaideBrekky #community 1 day ago
- Are you a mum? You'll want to tune in! @Morgan_Burley speaks to Constance Hall! #queensofconstance #LikeAQueen #AmazingMum #101.5FM 2 days ago
- We have @JenLush1 from new music venue 'Stone Pony' in Willunga chatting with @jennielenman live in the studio now! Make sure you tune in. 2 days ago
- Tune into 101.5fm, we have Brendan De Paor-Moore in studio chatting with @jennielenman about Anti-Poverty Week and more! #antipovertyweek 3 days ago