Is the decade-long War in Afghanistan nearly over? Barak Obama yesterday revealed the US will pull 10,000 troops out of Afghanistan by the end of this year and all 33,000 troops that were sent in as part of the surge in 2009, by September next year. The rest of the US troops are set to return home by 2014 when, Obama says, the Afghan people should be able to look after their own security. Andrew Phillips is a Fellow of the Department of International Relations and Tom Changarathil asked what he thought had prompted President Obama to make the decision.
- “This happens a lot more frequently than people are aware of” - says Martha Augustinos speaking about discrimination bit.ly/2gWe4uv 1 day ago
- At 8:40 @jennielenman will be chatting with members of Port Adelaide choir Born on Monday about a free workshop this weekend @CityofPAE 1 day ago
- On now: recap of @TammyMLC talking to @thewireradio on successful Births, Deaths and Marriages Registration (Gender Identity) Amendment Bill 1 day ago
- Coming up @ 8:10 @jennielenman speaks with Dr Paul Willis about how polar bears could be finding themselves in hot water in the future 1 day ago
- There are plans to subsidise @gautam_adani coalmine but what does that mean for us? @jennielenman talks to @beneltham @newmatilda @ 7.45 1 day ago