Is the decade-long War in Afghanistan nearly over? Barak Obama yesterday revealed the US will pull 10,000 troops out of Afghanistan by the end of this year and all 33,000 troops that were sent in as part of the surge in 2009, by September next year. The rest of the US troops are set to return home by 2014 when, Obama says, the Afghan people should be able to look after their own security. Andrew Phillips is a Fellow of the Department of International Relations and Tom Changarathil asked what he thought had prompted President Obama to make the decision.
- We're live with Brian Winspear who served in the number 2 Squadron of the RAF when Darwin was bombed by the Japanese Empire in 1942. 11 hours ago
- Over 600 Australians lost their lives along the Kokoda trail. @GlennAzar_Coach spoke with @Morgan_Burley about the trail's significance. 12 hours ago
- Since #WW1 PTSD has been common amongst veterans. Deputy CEO of @SoldierOnAust Karlie Brand joined @Morgan_Burley to discuss this and more. 12 hours ago
- Coming up our @service_voices team Helen Myer and Fiona White will be speaking on the 75th anniversary of the sinking of HMAS #AnzacDay 12 hours ago
- It's 6.30 and @Morgan_Burley is live! Today on the show we remember those who fought and continue to fight for us. Lest we forget #ANZACDay 13 hours ago