Is the decade-long War in Afghanistan nearly over? Barak Obama yesterday revealed the US will pull 10,000 troops out of Afghanistan by the end of this year and all 33,000 troops that were sent in as part of the surge in 2009, by September next year. The rest of the US troops are set to return home by 2014 when, Obama says, the Afghan people should be able to look after their own security. Andrew Phillips is a Fellow of the Department of International Relations and Tom Changarathil asked what he thought had prompted President Obama to make the decision.
- We're live! Join Ian Newton this morning as we discuss the SA power black out and the backpacker tax via goo.gl/mzGmN4 1 day ago
- That's all we have time for! Thanks for joining us on @radioadelaide this morning. Check out all our stories here: goo.gl/7jKOuz 3 days ago
- Keen for the footy finals? We're catching up with sport correspondent @robertcoyne17 for his take on the latest sports news! 3 days ago
- Wonder if internet access makes you more informed? We're speaking with @ElinorRennie from Swinburne University for a professional opinion! 3 days ago
- We're talking to @SA_SES for some information and advice about the coming storms. Be sure to tune in if you're in an affected area! 3 days ago