Is the decade-long War in Afghanistan nearly over? Barak Obama yesterday revealed the US will pull 10,000 troops out of Afghanistan by the end of this year and all 33,000 troops that were sent in as part of the surge in 2009, by September next year. The rest of the US troops are set to return home by 2014 when, Obama says, the Afghan people should be able to look after their own security. Andrew Phillips is a Fellow of the Department of International Relations and Tom Changarathil asked what he thought had prompted President Obama to make the decision.
- It's the last week of History Month - check out all the exciting events they have left on their site,... fb.me/31EiLlczM 21 hours ago
- Check out the movies on offer this week radio.adelaide.edu.au/movies-with-ch… fb.me/4hCNb260c 21 hours ago
- Only one week left of the About Time @historyfestival - listen in now to hear about some of the last events to get to! 22 hours ago
- Make sure you check out @comeoutfestival starting today down at Elder Park 23 hours ago
- We're speaking to the Refugee Action Coalition shortly on how the Royal Commission into Child Sex Abuse could look into detention centres 1 day ago