Is the decade-long War in Afghanistan nearly over? Barak Obama yesterday revealed the US will pull 10,000 troops out of Afghanistan by the end of this year and all 33,000 troops that were sent in as part of the surge in 2009, by September next year. The rest of the US troops are set to return home by 2014 when, Obama says, the Afghan people should be able to look after their own security. Andrew Phillips is a Fellow of the Department of International Relations and Tom Changarathil asked what he thought had prompted President Obama to make the decision.
- American comedian @EddieIfft is back in Australia at the fringe this year! Tune in to here all about his latest show with our @kvitkabecker. 18 hours ago
- We have LIVE Author Craig Silvey and Director Rachel Perkins at @JasperJonesFilm in the studio for the new film adaption of 'Jasper Jones'! 18 hours ago
- Ready to be supplied some juicy tunes? LIVE we are listening to songs from @angelaskujins, @Oscarkeysung and @HTMLflowers! 18 hours ago
- Are you a BBQ King? Tell us your take on 'In Vitro Meats' as we are joined with Clive Phillips to venture more into the topic! 19 hours ago
- Tune in soon to hear what political intrigue is happening with the New Zealand Opposition Party and the Maori Party with @95bFM! 19 hours ago