Is the decade-long War in Afghanistan nearly over? Barak Obama yesterday revealed the US will pull 10,000 troops out of Afghanistan by the end of this year and all 33,000 troops that were sent in as part of the surge in 2009, by September next year. The rest of the US troops are set to return home by 2014 when, Obama says, the Afghan people should be able to look after their own security. Andrew Phillips is a Fellow of the Department of International Relations and Tom Changarathil asked what he thought had prompted President Obama to make the decision.
- Good Morning Twitter! 58 minutes ago
- The front-woman of Koral & The Goodbye Horses, is in the studio talking about the band's recently released EP "Nocturnes". @KoralMusics 22 hours ago
- Greece has voted "no" to the terms of a European bailout. Professor Phil Lewis is in the studio to examine the situation. @UniCanberra 23 hours ago
- OzAsia Launches its program today. Festival director @Joe_Mitch is in the studio to reveal what's in store. @OzAsiaFestival 23 hours ago
- Soon, @Penmonicus AKA Resident muso, Luke Penman, will be live in the studio with music news. 1 day ago