Recent reports suggest people are starving in South Australia’s Aboriginal lands, which has forced the Red Cross to take emergency action. Pallets of food are now being dispatched from Adelaide-based food charity, FoodBank, to the community of Fregon, which is home to about 200 people. The NPY Women’s Council, representing women in the remote Aboriginal lands of South Australia, says the Red Cross is providing about 20 emergency food vouchers per week to Fregon residents. Jennie Lenman spoke to NPY Women’s Council representative, Liza Balmer, and Jennie asked her why it was so difficult for residents of Fregon to access food.
- Dusty will also be performing two Chris Cornell covers! 4 hours ago
- Dusty Lee is in the studio to talk about his upcoming performance at Loud Love celebrating the music of Chris Cornell. Listen now! 4 hours ago
- Need more budget? We hear from @choiceaustralia about the budget and how to find a good find in the end of financial year sales! 5 hours ago
- If you want to read more about the budget, visit the official link here: statebudget.sa.gov.au. #StateBudget #SouthAustralia 5 hours ago
- It's time to talk budget. @RobManwaring joins us to dissect the #StateBudget for 2017/18 and it will affect South Australians. Listen Now. 5 hours ago