Imagine losing your partner at 41. What would you do? Would you retreat into your shell and never come out? Or would you strike out into the world determined to stop others suffering the same fate?
The second option is exactly what Nick Lee did when his wife, and mother to his 2 small children, Jodi, passed away from bowel cancer at the age of 41.
He started the Jodi Lee Foundation which aims to raise awareness about bowel cancer. Not only about how more and more people are getting it, but also how easy it is to screen for and to cure.
Nick spoke to Tim Brunero about the Foundation and its aims.
- Director of the cinematic masterpiece 'Shine' Scott Hicks is in the studio with @jennielenman & discussing the 20th anniversary of 'Shine'. 6 days ago
- RT @Fossilcrox: Prepping with coffee for a science chat on @breakfast1015 ; fishy stories, viruses everywhere and DNA diseases 6 days ago
- @ 7:45 we chat with @beneltham about the closure of #ManusIsland, also #Nauru and the failed online #census #NewMatilda 6 days ago
- RT @JournoMattwelch: @ 7:35 on @breakfast1015 My interview w/ @jacktatler from @InvasionEcology about his project "Spying on Dingoes in the… 6 days ago
- Chatting w @snappyalligator @ 7.15 re why victims of sexual abuse r often questioned over the validity of the abuse & how we can change that 6 days ago