Imagine losing your partner at 41. What would you do? Would you retreat into your shell and never come out? Or would you strike out into the world determined to stop others suffering the same fate?
The second option is exactly what Nick Lee did when his wife, and mother to his 2 small children, Jodi, passed away from bowel cancer at the age of 41.
He started the Jodi Lee Foundation which aims to raise awareness about bowel cancer. Not only about how more and more people are getting it, but also how easy it is to screen for and to cure.
Nick spoke to Tim Brunero about the Foundation and its aims.
- We're live! Join Ian Newton this morning as we discuss the SA power black out and the backpacker tax via goo.gl/mzGmN4 1 day ago
- That's all we have time for! Thanks for joining us on @radioadelaide this morning. Check out all our stories here: goo.gl/7jKOuz 2 days ago
- Keen for the footy finals? We're catching up with sport correspondent @robertcoyne17 for his take on the latest sports news! 2 days ago
- Wonder if internet access makes you more informed? We're speaking with @ElinorRennie from Swinburne University for a professional opinion! 2 days ago
- We're talking to @SA_SES for some information and advice about the coming storms. Be sure to tune in if you're in an affected area! 2 days ago